Introduction and General Terms
We at Henkel Limited (“we”) take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy.
Henkel Limited (“Henkel”) is a member of the Henkel corporation and part of the Henkel Group of companies and, for the purposes of the DPA, Henkel is a data controller in relation to information which you provide to us. Henkel is a registered company in England and Wales (company number 00215496) and has its registered office at Wood Lane End, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4RQ.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect from you and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms (including, without limitation, ‘contact us’ forms) on the Website and e-mailing us your details. This includes information provided at the time of registering to our Website/subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services from us (which may include your contact details and other information which you provide to us);
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition, prize draw or promotion run or sponsored by us, or our suppliers on our behalf, which may be run via a Facebook platform or other social media platform;
- We may also collect your information when you report a problem with the Website;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Henkel and / or its suppliers on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available, the name of your Internet service provider, your IP address, the version of your browser software, the operating system of the computer used to access our Website, the pages that you visit on this Website and, if applicable, any search terms you have been using to find our Website. However, this data is statistical data which we only use on an aggregate/anonymous basis for system administration and back up purposes for us to review browsing activity and does not identify any individual.
Links To Other Websites
Use of Social Media and Social Media Plug-Ins
The Website may use plug-ins of the social media networks facebook.com (including Facebook’s “like” button) and Twitter.
Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). For an overview of the Facebook plug-ins and their appearance, go to: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. For an overview of the Twitter buttons and their appearance, go to: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons
To increase the protection available to your data when you visit the Website, these plug-ins are implemented as “2-click buttons.” This form of integration ensures that, when accessing a page from the Website containing such plug-ins, you are not automatically connected to the Facebook or Twitter servers. Only if you activate the plug-ins, thus issuing a permission for data transmission, will the browser create a direct link to those servers. The content of the various plug-ins is then transmitted by the provider concerned directly to your browser and then displayed on your screen.
If you access one of our web pages that is equipped with such a plug-in, your internet browser will make a direct connection to the Facebook and / or Twitter servers (as applicable) and the plug-in will be displayed on the screen through communication to your browser.
The plug-in will inform the Facebook / Twitter server which of our web pages you have visited. If you are a member of Facebook or Twitter and are logged on to your Facebook or Twitter user account while visiting our Website, Facebook and Twitter will be able tolink the information you are accessing with your Facebook or Twitter user account (as applicable). On making use of any of the plug-in functions (e.g. clicking the “Like” button, leaving a comment), this information will also be linked with your Facebook user account.
Further information on the collection and use of your data by Facebook and Twitter including the rights and options available to you for protecting your privacy in this context can be found in Facebook’s and Twitter’s privacy policies and we would recommend that you also review these policies (see https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and https://twitter.com/privacy).
If you do not want Facebook or Twitter to be able to link your visit to our Website with your Facebook or Twitter user account, you need to log-off your Facebook and Twitter user accounts prior to visiting our Website.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process personal data collected from you in the following ways:
- To deal with your enquiries and requests;
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To administer our system, for statistical information and backup, for quality control and to evaluate use of the Website so that we can improve the services we provide to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and delivery purposes;
- To carry out market research activities;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To administer your participation in any competition, prize draw or promotion; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If we intend to process your personal data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes we will ensure that we obtain your consent to such marketing at the time your information is collected. You have the right to ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We also share your personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services to us or on our behalf(including, without limitation, any supplier engaged by us to assist with the conduct of any competition, prize draw or promotion), but these service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform such services or to comply with legal requirements.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Henkel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Henkel about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any contract with you; and / or
- For the purposes of marketing other products or services to you, provided that you have agreed to your personal information being shared with such third party companies for marketing purposes when we collect your data.
Henkel will store your data safely and takes all reasonable precautionary measures to protect your data against loss, abuse or changes. Service providers of Henkel who have access to your data in order to provide services to us are contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence and may not use your data for any other purpose other than to provide those services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Personal Data Relating To Children
Henkel does not wish to collect data on children below the age of 14 years. Where necessary, Henkel will expressly draw childen’s attention in an appropriate place to the fact that they should not send any personal data to Henkel. Should parents or other legal guardians discover that children under their supervision have made personal data available to Henkel, we request that they contact us using the details below. We will then arrange for the deletion of this data.
This Website collects and stores data for marketing and optimization purposes by using a technology of Webtrekk GmbH. This data can be used to create pseudonymized user profiles. Cookies might be set.
Without an explicit agreement by our users the data collected with the Webtrekk technologies is not used to identify a visitor personally and is not aggregated with any other personal data about the holder of the pseudonym.
You can refuse the data collection and storage by Webtrekk by clicking on the link below:
To exclude the Webtrekk web controlling on this Website an opt-out cookie is set by www.henkel.com. This exclusion is valid for 5 years or until you delete the cookie. The cookie is set for the named domain, per browser and computer. Therefore, if you visit this Website at home and work or with different browsers, you need to refuse data storage with every device or browser.
Where We Transfer Your Information To:
We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may not have as developed data protection laws. For example, your information may be processed by staff at our affiliates and group companies, service providers and suppliers who may be involved in the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (among other things).
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring and storing your information outside the EEA.
With DoubleClick we use a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, to display relevant ads to you. For this purpose cookies are used that do not contain any personal information. Your IP address will also be used for generating these cookies. The DoubleClick cookies utilize a pseudonymous identification number assigned to your browser to check the on-screen and appealing ads. This allows Google and its partner sites to display ads based on the previous visits of Henkel-pages or other websites. Google transmits and saves the information gathered from the DoubleClick-cookies to a server.
Your information will only be kept for as long as is necessary and will be deleted as soon as reasonably practicable once Henkel no longer requires it for purposes of which it was collected.
You have the right to rectify your information by sending us a written request using the contact details below.
You are entitled to access information held about you by contacting us by post or e-mail using the contact details below. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to third parties) for marketing purposes by contacting us using the details below.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a complaint about how we have used your information.