Dark Roots in Blonde Hair are Just a Style
- Being nonchalant about the hairstyle ‘rules’ of old can have beautiful results as actress Riley Keough (granddaughter of Elvis) demonstrates. The dark roots in her blonde beach waves look almost natural
- © Getty Images
Are you playing with the idea of colouring your hair blonde but fear the frequent root touch-ups? Dark roots used to be a taboo, but now dark roots in blonde hair are accepted everywhere including black tie events. Have a look at the blonde stars in our gallery who proudly work this look and check out our styling tips to help you look sassy but well-groomed until your next hair colour treatment
- Ashley Tisdale's dark roots in her long blonde hair add to her style.
- © Getty Images
The two-tone trend has made dark roots in blonde hair acceptable. Until recently, it was unthinkable that grown out roots would be left, without getting them re-coloured. This forced many women to colour their hair frequently. Today, the once taboo look may be considered the beginning of the trendy two-tone look and this version of ombré hair will do nicely until the next hair colour treatment.
Having a relaxed attitude about such minor issues as dark roots is certainly a good idea because being uptight has no positive returns and limits creativity!
Dark Roots in Blonde Hair: From Taboo to Hairstyle Option
Nowadays, women with dark roots in blonde hair may still be considered rebels. After all, they dare to ignore one of the old conventions with strict rules that state ‘dark roots in blonde hair must be concealed from view’. Quite often this group of rebels grows into a minority group, which paves the way to general acceptance. Women with dark hair near the roots and blonde hair at the ends are well on their way to oust a taboo. Even a few stars proudly wear their blonde hair with dark roots on the red carpet. Soft waves, beach waves, and sassy bob hairstyles (like Cameron Diaz) are particularly suitable for the dark root look.
How frequently you touch up your roots is now a matter of taste rather than a matter of trying to conceal what can’t really be concealed. Modern women are done complying with rules.
Tips for Styling Dark Roots in Blonde Hair
- Ciara looks stylish with the dark hair near the roots in her otherwise blonde hair. How is that possible? Here is the simple answer: There is not a hint of unkempt neglect
- © Getty Images
Have we convinced you yet? If you are ready to wear the incidental two-tone look or simply want to extend the period between hair colour treatments we have some helpful tips for you to look your best.
1. Two-tone hair looks particularly stylish in combination with beach waves or soft waves. Both are casual, which will enhance your ombre style.
2. Dark roots in blonde hair look casual rather than unkempt as long as the hair is healthy.
3. Dark roots look better without a sharp transition from dark to light hair. Make sure that the colours blend into one another because soft, irregular transitions are much more appealing.
4. For anyone who is unsure about creating soft, gradual colour transitions and selecting the best hairstyle for the avant-garde look, there is a Schwarzkopf Professional Hairstylist right around the corner.