Not Our Natural Hair Colour
- Jessie J. constantly changes her hair colour and has been known to change her shade three times in one week! She is currently sporting a bleach blonde short do; above she wears a purple long bob. Jessie loves vibrant colours and this rich purple shade suits her complexion.
- © Getty Images
There are many vibrant colours out there you can choose from to create an eye catching, alternative look. With a new hair colour like bright blue or purple, you will be sure to turn heads and express your own personality! We have some simple colouring and styling tips to help you create outstanding looks!
Trend setters like Katy Perry, Jessie J. and Taylor Momsen are known for their crazy hair colours, and believe being boring is the kiss of death. Colouring hair purple, green or blue is certainly a potent antidote for boredom. However, a healthy dose of confidence is essential to pull off a bright hair colour.
Vibrant Hair Dyes Are Readily Available
Aside from the shades of blonde, brown and black, the hair colour aisle now also feature bright fashionable hair colours. Experimenting with these vibrant hair colours can be fun and allows you to create a completely new style. Such playful use of colour offers a lot of room for individual expression. Mother Nature did not include such intense hair colours in her palette. Wearing purple, carmine-red or even green hair may therefore turn quite a few heads. If your new hair colour choice follows the fashion colour trends, you may be seen with bright purple or orange hair!
Luckily, finding and using these vibrant hair colours is easy. We provide a few suggestions, which may help you infuse your hair with fashion colour brilliance.
How to Select Bright Hair Colours
Changing the colour of your hair is certainly not a problem. Still, it may take you some time to find a bright extravagant colour, which will enhance your style and complexion. As an alternative, you may like to follow the trial and error method of model Bonnie Strange who changes the colour of her hair regularly (see our gallery photo). Using bright hair dyes requires some skill. Using a semi-permanent colouring application may be a comfortable solution if you are not quite sure about the colour choice.
How to Apply Bright Hair Colour
- Light hair is easier to dye than dark hair. If you have medium blonde to dark hair and you want to achieve a vibrant colour result, it is important to pre-lighten your hair first. Otherwise, the colour will not be as expected.
- After the colour application, rinse your hair until the water runs clear.
- Apply conditioner to your hair after the colour application.
- This will seal the dye particles inside the hair cuticles; which will help keep the hair vibrant for longer.
- If you have longer than shoulder-length hair it is best to use two hair colour packs, this will ensure the colour covers the whole head creating a great colour finish.
Styling Tips for Brightly Coloured Hair
Vibrant hair colours are most impressive in combination with simple hairstyles. The colours unfold their full glamour when the hair is allowed to fall freely without too much styling. Taylor Momsen’s sleek straight hair (see the gallery photo) emphasises the deep shine of her blonde hair. Simple styles direct all attention to the glow and glamour of the hair colour.
We hope the exceptional hair colours of the stars in our photo gallery will get your creative juices flowing.