Updos for Medium-Length Hair
- Rooney Mara has gathered her medium-length hair in a high chignon. The hair across her forehead is draped round towards her chignon like one side of a bow.
- © Getty Images
In our photo gallery, we show you casual to sophisticated updo styles. With our step-by-step instructions your updos will turn out stylish and will last throughout the day.
Styling Instructions: Rooney Mara’s Chignon with Hair Bow across the Forehead
If you prefer styling your shoulder-length hair in beach waves or a trendy bob, you may want to consider adding a few casual and elegant updos to your portfolio of hairstyles. Rooney Mara demonstrates how a surprising style element like the hair bow across her forehead can spice up the familiar high chignon. Simply follow our step-by-step styling instructions to create your version of this classic hairstyle.
Styling Tools: Styling comb, extra-gloss hairspray, hair gel, hair band, hair grips, and hairspray.
- Comb your hair straight and apply extra-gloss hairspray.
- Use a styling comb to separate a strand of hair above your forehead, a short parting should naturally form from the hairline upwards towards the crown of the head.
- Apply a small amount of hair gel to help manageability when styling.
- Gather the hair at the back of the head and create a high chignon. Drape the separated section of hair across the forehead in a bow like shape. Secure the end of this bow on the opposite side of the head using hair grips.
- Use hairspray to secure the hairdo and ensure a long lasting finish.
You will find several other beautiful updos for medium-length hair in our photo gallery. Step-by-step instructions are included.