Fresh New Updo Ideas
- Say goodbye to austere looking updos! Willa Holland (The O.C.) is a perfect example, her loosely gathered hair enhances her youthful radiance.
- © Getty Images
Updos are popular for any occasion, whether you’re attending an event or casually meeting friends. If wearing a ponytail seems too casual or an elegant chignon doesn’t quite fit, you might like to try Willa Holland’s look; the modern, casual updo.
Twirling Your Hair into an Updo
Actress Willa Holland integrated twirled hair elements at the back of her head. With minimal effort, you might like to take inspiration from Willa. With a few twists and twirls in your updo, it can change your look.
Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to create Willa Holland’s hairstyle.
Instructions: How to Style the Willa-Holland Updo
- Willa Holland looks gorgeous, with her almost undone updo.
- © Getty Images
1. For ease of styling work a hazelnut-sized amount of styling mousse through your hair.
2. Create a side parting and then separate two 3 to 4 inch wide sections of hair from the front of the head on either side of the parting (these sections will be styled last).
3. Gather the remaining hair at the back of your head and taking large and small sections of hair, twist them round on themselves. Secure the twists at the back of your head with hair grips (until all the hair is up).
4. Smooth and twist the two sections of hair (separated earlier) on either side of your head, securing them underneath the twists at the back of the head with more hair grips.
5. Pull a few sections of hair free to emphasise the undone style.
6. Finally, apply hairspray for extra hold.
Would you prefer to braid rather than twirl your hair? Be inspired by our gallery, we’ve picked our favourite modern updos. Styling instructions are included if you want to try one of the stylish updos.
In his video tutorial with step by step instructions, Schwarzkopf hair expert Armin Morbach demonstrates how to create updos.