Fabulous Festival Hairstyle
As the festival season approaches the style stakes are higher and everyone’s talking about the latest festival trends for hair and fashion. Many music lovers prep months in advance for their long awaited festival. We’ve picked our favourite looks, perfect for any festival, whether you’re jet-setting abroad or staying closer to home in the UK.
When people come together to celebrate their love of rock, indie, hip hop and electronic music at festivals, you see a variety of inspiring styles and looks. Whether you opt for a more unusual hairstyle or prefer a simple yet classic do, it’s important they’re easy to style. We’ve covered all style bases and given you a few simple tips and tricks, so you won’t miss out on any of the events with our easy and on-trend hairstyles!
Simple and playful hairstyles are a must at festivals. Model Agyness Deyn is a ray of sunshine in her colourful assemble. She’s a perfect example of simple chic. Her trilby hat adds a pleasant accent to her simple cropped hairdo, which she’s teamed with large, dark, round sunglasses.
Like skin, hair also needs protecting from UV light and wearing a hat will help shield your hair from damaging UV rays (especially important if you’re going to a festival abroad).
Get the look:
- For this look it’s important to have healthy-looking, tidy hair (we would recommend trimming your hair 2-3 inches every 6-8 weeks).
- Wash and blow dry the hair in sections using a rounded brush. Slightly curl the hair ends inwards when blow-drying, to frame the hair round your face. (Remember to always apply heat protectant spray before using heated styling tools).
- Once your hair is completely dry use a few drops of styling oil on your hair ends.
- Finish the look off with a classic trilby hat, sunglasses and a colourful dress.
Top tip: For a quick style change, pack two different hats – for an alternative look, we would recommend a wide-rimmed summer hat.
Statement Hair Jewellery
If you regularly attend festivals you’ll know the difficulties you face when styling your hair. Being cramped in a tent with no mirrors is hardly ideal when styling. Therefore, choosing a simple style like beach waves (left) or wearing your hair undone is perfect. To give your fuss-free look an edge, add a statement piece of hair jewellery (they tend to work better if you style your hair in a middle parting). To emphasis the bohemian look, wear simple make up and small quirky sunglasses.
Top tip: Usually, your normal hair washing routine is put on hold at festivals (and you wouldn’t want to miss out on any of your favourite bands while doing so). It’s therefore important to pack a can of dry shampoo, this will help refresh your look and give extra volume to your hair.
Flower Hair Bands
The hippie look is still very popular when it comes to festival styles. Similar to the model on the left, a casual side swept braid, loosely pulled over one shoulder, works well teamed with a large flower band. Floral crowns are the ultimate hippie accessory and are popular in the summer months. They work well with casual hairstyles and bright outfits, especially in hot weather. For more inspiration and different ways to wear flowers check out our floral article.
Get the look:
- Create a deep side parting and bring all your hair over one shoulder (the same side as your parting).
- Then, very loosely braid the hair by dividing it into three equal sections.
- Cross the right section over the middle piece. This is now the middle piece. Then, cross the left section over the ‘new’ middle section.
- Continue the sequence, until all the hair has been braided.
- Secure the end of the braid using a simple hair tie (the smaller the better, as you don’t want to distract from your floral band).
- Pull sections of hair from the braid to frame your face.
- Finish the look with a gorgeous flower hair band, pulling it slightly over your forehead.
Top tip: Try and match your floral band with your outfit. Flower accessories work particularly well with a simple, block colour dress.
We hope our fuss-free hairstyles have inspired you to try something new for the upcoming festival season, to help stand-out from other music lovers!