Chic Styling Trend – Beautiful Braids
- Entwine the traditional and modern by weaving a colourful ribbon into your braid.
- © Fairchild Archive
This year, Marie Claire celebrated their first Women At The Top Awards, honouring ten incredible women who have made an impact in their respective fields, from fashion to technology, art to politics. Schwarzkopf were on hand to style the winners ready to step into the spotlight to accept their awards and there was definitely one hair styling preference that stood out – braids.
Whether you wear a loose plait, a crown braid or add a plaited element to your do, this classic style will look great for any occasion. Either styling it loosely with added volume or sleek and chic, the braid will take you from office to party. This style is so versatile, the final look is up to you!
Take a look our gallery for some braid inspiration.
Beautiful Braids: Accessorise a coiled plait
Want to experiment with a pretty plait that coils around your head? Try styling a coiled plait intertwined with colourful ribbons (see above) for an elegant up do with a twist.
1. Pull your hair back and divide it into two large bunches of equal thickness.
2. Tie each section into a ponytail at ear level.
3. Fix two ribbons into each ponytail by winding them around your hair band and knotting them.
4. Plait each ponytail into a braid, interweaving the ribbons as you go.
5. Arrange the braid from right to left over the top of your head like an Alice band, and fix into place with hair grips.
6. Do the same with the braid on the other side (left to right).
7. Conceal the ends of the braids underneath your new coiled plait and fix the style into place with hairspray.
Tip: If your hair is too short for this style, try using a hairpiece and adjust to any style in next to no time.