Hair Styles for 2012 Coachella Festival
This year’s festival season starts with the 13th Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. As April nears its end, thousands of music fans come together to enjoy music at the Stagecoach Festival in Indio (California). Quite a few stars join the fun. Music lovers celebrate with rock, indie, hip hop and electronic music. Of course, the eyes also have their field days with colour and inspiring summer hairdos. See for yourself!
Coachella is the Woodstock of today’s young people. Of course, love, the peace movement and rock n’ roll will never die but new styles won’t be denied either in 2012. Musicians of all genres share the stage. Electro DJs like David Guetta perform side by side with rock bands like Radiohead and rappers like Snoop Dogg. 43 years after Woodstock, hippies and jazz musicians are still a big part of the scene even without greats like beatnik, poet and singer Janis Joplin and Ravi Shankar. In true Woodstock style, celebrities and young couples dominate the scene. People sleep in tents to stay near the party grounds where for two precious days music is king. Styles and styling come natural in festival heaven: It is casual and reminiscent of the hippie era.
Festival Hair Styles with Hippie Look
The mood is happy and enthusiastic, and the days are long and hot. At 32 °C [almost 90 °F] in the shade formal threads are out and hair styles must withstand the late spring heat. Even in this part of the Sonoran desert, Laura Love demonstrates her knack for always finding the perfect hair style. Her pigtail hair creation is a pretty alternative to the classic beach wave look. Her pigtail is loosely braided and some stray strands of hair enhance the casual nature of her hair style. Styling the pigtail in the Laura Love look is easy. Below, we show you how it is done.
1. Shampoo your hair before working a generous amount of heat protectant through the towel-dry hair.
2. Pull the hair over a large round brush while blow-drying it.
3. Use a tail comb to create a middle parting.
4. Gather the hair on one side of the neck and allow it to fall forward over the shoulder.
5. Now braid the hair to a loose pigtail. Don’t worry about your braiding skills. The look is supposed to be casual and a bit tousled.
6. Secure the end of the braid using a scrunchy. You may like to wrap a leather band around the scrunchy for a stylish accent.
7. Pull a few strands of hair out of the braid on both sides and allow the strands to casually fall into your face.
8. Apply extra-gloss hair spray for the final touch.
Festival Hair Styles: Tips and Tricks
Ladies’ rooms are rare at the festival. The following styling tricks work without a mirror and may save you from waiting in line and miss events:
You may not have the time to shampoo your hair and also attend all the exciting events. Using dry shampoo is a practical alternative. It keeps your hair fresh another day and adds volume to your hair.
Spraying some hair tonic on your hair on a hot day is a refreshing idea, and the pleasant fragrance is an extra bonus.
Like the skin, hair also needs to be protected from UV radiation. Wearing a hat protects the hair and the skin from UV damage. Hats also look stylish and fit the festival atmosphere.
On a bad hair day simply opt for the undone look. Tease your hair and allow it to fall as it may.