Star Style of the Month: Winona Ryder’s Casual Teased Ponytail
- At the opening of her movie 'The Iceman', Winona Ryder dazzled with her teased ponytail
- © Getty Images
With her light complexion, dark hair, large brown eyes, and the enchanting smile, Winona Ryder knows how to captivate her audience. We particularly liked her teased ponytail. So read below to find out how to recreate this yourself.
Winona has worked with some of the best Hollywood directors and producers such as Tim Burton, Jim Jarmusch, and Francis Ford Coppola and can be counted amongst successful seasoned actresses such as Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman.
Winona Ryder was born Winona Laura Horowitz named her after the city in which she was born (Winona in Minnesota). After her film debut in Beetlejuice in1986, she won critical acclaim for her role and has recently, reclaimed her spot at the top of the movie scene.
Winona Ryder's dark hair enhances her look together with her large brown eyes and the bright red lips. She certainly has style, which she expresses in the ease of her appearances and elegant hairstyle choices. Her teased ponytail is just one example of this. Follow our instructions and style your own version of her high-volume ponytail.
Styling tools for the Winona Ryder teased ponytail:
A curling iron with a small rod (in case your hair is not curly), volumising shampoo, volumising powder, a hair tie and hair grips
Styling Instructions for Winona Ryder’s Teased Ponytail:
1. Use volumising shampoo to wash your hair.
2. If nature did not give you curls, use a curling iron with a small rod to create soft waves. Simply roll thin strands of hair around the curling iron rod and allow the hair to warm for a short time. Then release the curl and allow it to cool.
3. Lift individual strands of hair at the crown and apply some volumising powder to the roots. This provides the necessary bounce. For even more bounce you may want to use your fingers to tease or back comb your hair at the roots.
4. Use your fingers to create an off centre parting and gather your hair in a loose, low ponytail. You may want to pull a few strands of hair over your ear.
5. You can create more volume on the top by slightly pushing your hair up from the base of the ponytail. Use your fingers to shape your hair around the hair tie. The style should remain laid-back, loose and unpretentious.
6. Finally, hide hair tie underneath a thin strand of hair, which you can pull out of the ponytail and fix using a hair grip. You may like to tease the hair in the ponytail using your fingers.
In his video, hair expert Armin Morbach demonstrates how to create a teased ponytail with straight hair.
Video: How to Style a Teased Ponytail